Thursday, May 6, 2010

More homeschool adventures

Well, I'm going to have to do some major searching for my camera charger since these posts aren't nearly as much fun without pictures. But, until then, I will just update what we've been doing lately. I'm really looking forward to the girls being out of school after next week. Right now, our homeschooling is really cut down due to the fact that they are at mom's day out 3 days a week. I may regret saying that I'm ready for them to be out, but I think we will be able to get a lot more done if they are at home during the day.
With that being said, last week, we worked on Katy no-pocket. It was tons of fun and we finished off the week by going to the zoo on Thursday to see the kangaroos. Adelaide really enjoyed the book and so did Lucy. I'm pretty sure we'll return to that one eventually since we liked it so much, and there is so much left to do. We just ran out of time!
This week, we've been working on "Corduroy" It has been a ton of fun. Today we went to the mall and rode the escalator. This is a big treat since we usually have a stroller and have to ride the elevator. The girls loved going up and down (Lucy was a little nervous, but she got over it). We then went up to the top floor in Macy's and they looked at the matresses, just like Corduroy. We counted how many there were and they loved it! We also made a trip into Build a Bear Workshop to look at the different stuffed animals and outfits, but we didn't buy anything (attn: Jason). The girls had a blast and so did I. I have more to post on today (mainly the lady that told me I should be on medication) but I digress. I will save that for another day. I have a ton to get started while the girls nap, so that's it for today. I will try to post again soon with pictures.

No comments: