Tuesday, September 23, 2014

To Better Days....

I came across this blog post when preparing for our ladies retreat this weekend.  We will be talking in small groups about our silhouette and how it is lovely in contrast. The closer we are to our light source, the more defined our portrait will be.
 I'm not really sure where I'm going with that just yet, so any ideas are welcome. :)
While I was looking for discussion points on this, I saw a post about 10 truths every mother should hear and it reminded me of my desperate post from last week.
I had a bad day. Thankfully those days are few and far between.  I mean, days are hard often, but I only have toddler tantrums occasionally.
However, there are many days when, at some point, I let those negative thoughts penetrate.  I think "I'm not good enough" or "I can't believe I just said that" or "What are my children going to learn from me when I'm such a disaster."
I don't say this in a way that I'm just a blubbery mess.  I really do have a pretty awesome life most of the time, but there are days and circumstances that just make me question how I'm treating my family and what will my words today to do shape them?
Well, this blog spoke straight to my heart.
I especially love the point that says "it's the sum of days, not just today, that shape your family."
Isn't that true and REFRESHING?
I love knowing that we all have off days.  I do, Jason does, our children do.  It's okay.  We are imperfect.  We are flawed.  We are a process.  I'm not perfect.  Jason knows that (all too well), the children know that (possibly more than anyone on earth) and I know that. I know this applies to my family as well.  And I'm so very thankful for that.  I'm thankful for grace.  I'm thankful for new chances.  I'm thankful for forgiveness and redemption.
Today is a better day.  I know there will be more tough days.  But I hope that in those days, I'll remember these truths.



No comments: