Monday, June 4, 2012

This little light of mine...

Greetings from Orange Beach!  I wanted to take just a minute to give a link to something we have purchased that has been working great for our children.  I read about these scripture cards on a blog that I follow (www.blueeyedbride.com) and I thought they would be great for our kids.  They are perfect!  The verses are short and are easy for the girls to memorize.... even Julianne (2).  They all start with a different letter of the alphabet.  The first one was Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times"  or as Julianne says "A friend loves at all the times... Acts 17:17"  I'm not sure why she always says Acts, but it's definitely Proverbs.  This week's verse is "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other."  Ephesians 4:32.  I'm loving that when the girls start to bicker, I just say "Ephesians 4:32"  and they say the verse... I think it's awesome!  Julianne was so proud of herself last week when she memorized that verse.  I can't even tell you how many times she's said it over and over.  It's precious.
We are really enjoying spending some family time together this week after a few really busy weeks and I'm really loving my quiet Bible study in the mornings on our balcony... listening to the waves and looking at the expanse of the ocean.  How can you not stand in awe of our Father when you look at the ocean?  It's just amazing.
Here's the link for the Scripture cards if you are interested!  I truly believe in putting God's word into our children's hearts... they repeat everything, so scripture needs to be in their warehouse of things to repeat!

No comments: