Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another fun week!

This week has been super busy and oh so fun!  Thursday we went to Jessie's place downtown to host a birthday party for a 5 year old little girl that has never had a birthday party before.  Talk about smiling from ear to ear... this little girl was so excited to have her very own Hello Kitty cake and presents just for her.  I'm so thankful that my family was able to do this.  It was so much fun for Jason and me, but I know it made an impression on our children.  My girls were able to hand out cake and party favors to the residents there and we were able to explain to them that these people are children of God too, and it's our job to serve and help.  This was also helpful yesterday as we cleaned out our playroom... remember the children at the homeless shelter that don't have toys of their own?  You don't need this extra cash register. :)  A special thank you to the my girl scout troop for helping with the supplies.  I pretty much just had to show up... my moms brought all the plates, napkins, cake, party favors and decorations!
After an emotional drive from Jessie's place, I went to Bunko with some great girls.  We stole borrowed an idea from a friend's bunko group of having a "just dance" bunko. If you're familiar with bunko, the middle table plays "just dance" instead of rolling dice.  The top two move up, the bottom two move down.  It was super fun!  I might have encouraged our table to continue rolling dice so that we could watch the girls at the middle table shake their stuff.  So much fun!  And you just never know that some of your friends can break it down (I'm looking at YOU, Donna!).  ha!!!
Friday night we made ice cream in a bag with one of Adelaide's friends (and her mom, a new friend of mine... we've gotten pretty close since I didn't make time to shower before she came for our playdate... that's gross, but it's just the kind of day we had).
Saturday, we went to a plethora of birthday parties.  We had a super great day and then on Sunday Jason taught the best class I think he's ever done at church.  He's teaching on the life of Peter and it's seriously awesome.  He has brought up some points that I've never thought of and I don't think I could be more proud of him.
Yesterday wasn't all that fun, I guess, but we started cleaning stuff out for a yard sale... or garage sale... or whatever.  I am so thrilled to see my attic this clean.  I don't think it's been that clean since we moved in!  I wasn't planning on having the sale this soon, but I think we're going to have it THIS saturday!!!  I looked at our calendar and if it's not this Saturday, it will be the end of August before we can do it (based on what's on the calendar today) and then we're getting into back to school craziness... so this weekend it is.
If you need me this week, I'll be in the garage with a roll of tape and a sharpie.  If you want to help, I won't turn you down!!!  If you want to shop, I'll take that, too!  :)
In a couple of hours we are headed to the sprinkler park with neighbors and then on Thursday, we have a playdate at the zoo with Julianne's buddy Bobby.  She's been saying all week that we get to see her boyfriend on Thursday.  Oh boy.  That child is going to give me a hard time.
I hope your week is off to a great start!!!

No comments: