Saturday, March 31, 2012

My memory is GONE


I know I've heard of Mommy brain before, but, folks, it a real thing. I think there should be some sort of transplant or, at the very least, a daily pill to restore memory after having children. I'm pretty sure if it's not written down, it's not going to get done. In fact, there's a chance it won't get noticed if it IS written down. Or I won't remember where I wrote it. That's also likely. I have a special forgetfulness with emails. I remember seeing them, but then I can't locate them. Or I read them on my phone, intending to write back on my computer (because who wants to type a full response on a phone!?) and then I forget. I need a special folder in my email for pending emails or something. But I'd probably forget that, too. Not to mention the fact that life right now is busy. Really busy. I normally spend my days doing something for someone else. And I like it that way. But, my Scentsy business is busy right now. And for that, I'm really thankful! I am so excited about a lot of the opportunities coming my way this month. I am working at Kidsmarket, a giant consignment sale, and I've been trying to get in there for the past 3 seasons. It's always booked! Well, at the last sale, their Scentsy consultant didn't show up. I'm embarrassed by that. I don't know her. In fact, she didn't even tell me her name, but I think it looks bad on our company. However, her loss is my gain! I will show up! And so will my team. I hope to put up some pictures of our table at Kidsmarket. I'm setting up tomorrow (partially) and then I have a Scentsy party in the neighborhood Monday morning and I'll work the rest of the day at Kidsmarket. I'll also be there all day Tuesday. If you are there, come see me! My teammates are working Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Since we will be in Nashville, we won't have anyone to man the table on Friday, but we will leave a drawing box so that people can still register to win a prize!
With that time at Kidsmarket, and all of the birthdays this month (what in the world is the deal with April birthdays???), Jason and I are having to sit down with our calendars to figure out how we are going to get everyone to their destinations on time. I still don't know how we are going to swing it... but we will try!
So, all that lack of memory leads me to these two friends...

Meet my Erin Condren planner and my MomAgenda all in one folio. I don't know what I would do without these two. If it's not in here, it doesn't get done. Seriously.
I got my Erin Condren life planner in August, I believe and I love it. It is seriously the best planner I've ever purchased. I used MomAgenda before that. I liked them too, but I love the spiral binding on this one. I like that I can lay it all the way open. I love that I can personalize it. At the bottom it has our name and a line from one of my favorite songs, "Do everything you do to the glory of the one who made you, for he made you." That needs to be the theme of my life... so I thought it was important to include it on my life planner. It also has month at a glance pages, every day broken down into morning, day and evening, pockets, encouraging quotes, bright, cheerful colors... I think it's perfection. Erin Condren also has lots of other products that are awesome. I have some of their notepads, a case for my iphone that matches my life planner.... I love them! It's a bit pricey, but I think it's totally worth it for a good planner. And you all know how much I like for everything to match! I wish she made a couch in that print. Just kidding... kind of.
The hot pink number in the photo is my momAgenda all-in-one folio. This guy plays second fiddle to my planner as I don't use it everyday. Almost, but not quite. In it, I have rosters for all three of my girls classes, with parents' phone numbers, party dates, who's bringing what... that kind of stuff. I have all of my room-mom information. I keep my newsletters from their schools in there with important dates. I had soccer info when that was going on, and I'll have Irish dance stuff going in there soon. Basically every piece of paper that is important and pertains to our family goes in this book. And it's all filed accordingly. So, for the PTO meeting, I will show up with both of these friends. They are like my brain, living outside of me. I'm thankful for them! In fact, without looking in the momAgenda, I can't even remember what all is in there. :)
If you are in the market for a good planner or overall way to stay organized, you really can't go wrong with Erin Condren or momAgenda. I wish I got a referral fee for these folks, I can't tell you how many people have taken one look at my fabulous planner and gone running to order their own. For reals. It's awesome!
http://www.erincondren.com/store/index.php?cPath=129_956
http://www.momagenda.com/products.cfm?cID=10&pID=67

2 comments:

Kate said...

This is such a great post! In fact, it inspired me to try out the Erin Condren Planner for myself. I loved it so much, we included it over on Notes from a Mom in Chapel Hill (with a shout out to you, of course!). Here's the link: http://mominchapelhill.blogspot.com/2012/06/erin-condren-planner.html

Your blog is fabulous! Keep up the great work--you inspire more than of than you know!

Kate said...

oops--proving I have serious Mommy brain--I meant you inspire more of us than you know!