Thursday, April 26, 2012

Advocare 24 day challenge Day 3

Well, I'm over half way through day 3!!!  Today has been much easier!  I don't know if I'm just getting used to the options of what I can eat... or if I'm not as hungry or what... but I haven't felt miserable today.  I started my day with coffee and then my fiber drink mixed with Spark (the fruit punch flavor).  It is pretty filling, so I waited until I felt hungry to have my banana (around 10:30).  I had a handful of almonds at lunch time (this wasn't intentional, but I just realized I didn't actually eat a real lunch).  I'm just not very hungry today.  I think part of the reason why I eat sometimes is because I really like what I'm eating.... and when I don't really like what I'm eating (like the clean stuff I'm supposed to be eating right now), it's not as attractive!  I know that's not a healthy mindset... but it's real and that's what I'm here for.  I want this to be real... and I plan to tell it like it is.  Last night I made turkey burgers (but I forgot the buns... so I guess they were more like turkey patties) baby spinach salad and corn on the cob.  I know some people on the advocare boards and such say this is too sweet and starchy, but to me, it grew straight from the earth and it's considered a vegetable, so that's what I'm going with.  Get off my back!  Ha!!  Anyway, they were really yummy!  I just mixed ground turkey with fresh chopped garlic, some sea salt and Chicago steak seasoning.  So... it wasn't low in sodium, but it was pretty healthy.  The kiddos ate it up and there actually wasn't enough for seconds, so next time I'll need to double the recipe.  I'll definitely be making that again!
Now, on to the results!  I was down 1.5 lbs this morning.  This is exciting, but I can gain and drop pounds like  nobody's business.... so I'm not like jumping all over the place yet.  That's coming later, I'm sure!  I do feel pretty good today.  I'm hurting like crazy after that really mean and awful class on Tuesday, but after a break yesterday, I'm ready to hit the gym again this afternoon.  Jason doesn't know this yet, but I'm going to try to go to Zumba tonight. I've missed the last few weeks because Adelaide has dance on Thursday nights at 5 and Zumba starts at 5:30... so I've been at dance class with her.  BUT this week, Jason's not working late, nor is he going to a Val Halen concert... so I'm hoping he'll agree to take Adelaide to dance class so I can get my groove on!  :)
I'm also planning to go to Zumba tomorrow morning.  I know that in order to burn fat and do well on this challenge, I need to do some serious cardio training.  I am hoping to hit a sculpting/toning class once a week and at least 3 days of cardio.  Jason accused me of jumping in too hard and too fast and then getting burned out quickly.  This is so true of me.  Not only in the gym... but with pretty much everything I do.  I just like to go big!  You've heard the saying, "Go big or go home" ... well, I go big and then go home!  ha!!!  Anyway, I'm fully aware that this is not going to be easy!  But I'm sticking with it and pushing through the pain.  My core hurts.  A lot.  I started thinking back about that class on Tuesday and you know what I realized?  We did like 30 minutes worth of planks that day.  No wonder I can't take a deep breath without wanting to cry.
I hope you'll stick with me through out this journey.  There is good news today!  I don't have to drink that yucky fiber drink for 4 days!  Hooray!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am on Day 3 of the 24 day challenge... today my tummy feels yucky... is that normal? I have felt great til today!